Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Time and the Living is Hectic

I think it is safe to say that this is one of the busiest summers that I have had to date. Since I haven't updated since graduation I guess I will start with Maymester.

So this May CSU started the Columbus Rep Theatre. This means that for 3 weeks I did nothing but work in the scene shop and go to rehearsals for Nunsense. It was a hectic and stressful time but all in all worth it. The girls are amazing and the show looks great. The process was not without it's drama and it's craziness but for the most part a very enjoyable time.

Now on to June. 23rd birthday, woot! 2 years with Josh! And now Springer Theatre Academy! We are in week 3 of Academy and I am loving it! Getting to see so many groups of kids grow over the last 3 weeks have been so amazing. It is crazy at times and comes with a lot of mornings waking up way before I want to but it is so worth it.

Already I have gotten used to waking up at 7am. This also means that on the weekends I am normally up by 8 or 9 since this is now sleeping in for me. I have gone back to my extreme hermitness and going to bed before midnight but let's be real I am ok with this.

Also on the agenda for this summer has been a whole lot of reading! I am on my 9th book since May. It is one of my favorite things of the summer, just having the time to read a good book at the end of the day to help me unwind.

Josh is busy sending off resumes and trying to land his dram job. I however am trying not to stress about my job situation until later in July. I may have a job in the works but nothing is too final yet. As the summer goes on I am able to completely evaluate a game plan for life after college and look into possibilities that are arising.

No comments: